Sunday 30 December 2012

Les miserables 2012 movie review

On the 27/12/12 I went with my sister and dad to watch the 2012 movie of 'Les miserables'
The movie was a fine piece of work, though I recommend it to people who have read the book, seen the musicals previously or have watched other adaptations of it, or else it would really be confusing for you....my dad has never seen it so he got bored (pretty much the whole movie was singing and he obviously couldn't be bothered to listen to the lyrics)
I cried 4 times throughout the movie, I cried when Fantine sung 'I dreamed a dream', when young Cosette sung "Castle on a cloud', when Eponine sung 'On my own' and I cried when the movie ended.
 
 

Even though this was rated M (with sexual references and violence) I think this film is fine for small children with a level of maturity to watch. For sexual references there was only a very short part towards the middle of the movie and that was all. For violence there was the revolution, you don't see much bloodshed though.
 
I was really touched when Eponine sung 'On my own', I think her actress Samantha Barks did a great job as the character Eponine, she really had the emotions. That made Eponine my favourite character throughout the movie. 
 
Towards the end, there was an imaginary scene of the barricade of if the revolution succeeded, and all the characters were alive again and Gavroche was sitting on top of the barricade with everyone singing, it was really touching and had a lot of passion that made me think if they tried harder they would have won the revolution.
 
Overall, this is a great movie, everyone should have a try to watch it if they like 'Les miserables.' ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment